The overall objective of a Trade Finance Officer is to process / check various trade transactions for Bank customers of Trade Finance efficiently and accurately, in accordance with the applicable procedures, rules and Policies, agreed service standards and operational instructions laid down by the Bank. To assist Bank business centers and clients in processing outward and inward payments and book-keeping of Treasury Front Office daily transactions.
1. Reconciliations of Head office suspense and CIT accounts (EURO, USD, KES,)
- To scrutinize entries and balance off accounts
- To query with Branches on outstanding entries
- To post or reverse entries in IMAL if mis posted or not posted by Branches.
- To balance Head Office suspense and CIT each day and ensure zero balance, ensure it is checked, verified, and authorized by appropriate Signatories.
2. Treasury Back office
- To maintain deal tickets in Islamic treasury module
- To maintain payment instructions for Forex deals
- To maintain receiving instructions for Forex and investment deals
- To prepare settlement instructions for placements
- To prepare SWIFT confirmations for the respective deals
i.) SWIFT inward
- To confirm the payment instructions are tested by the receiving Bank.
- To confirm cover present in our Nostro/ CBK accounts
- To record all incoming RTGS/SWIFT in the registers
- To convert using the day’s rates as advised by Treasury.
- To credit the Customer’s account using the accounting module in IMAL
- To print the scanned instructions from Branches
- To check that the application forms are signed by the respective Signatories.
- To check that the cover is present in Head Office GENERAL SUSPENSE ACCOUNT
- Recording of all outgoing RTGS/SWIFT in the registers
- To pass appropriate entries in accounting module IMAL
- To Input all messages in SWIFT system
- To timely send SWIFT/RTGS confirmations to the branches
4. Trade finance
- To prepare letters of Guarantees as received from the branches and recording the same in the register for authorized signatories.
- To ensure all the documentation is in place before releasing the guarantees.
- To assist the branches regarding the requirements and the current trade finance tariff
- To book and collect charges for all trade finance products in iMAL
- To input LCs in Swift and send to the respective banks.
- To advise customers of any amendments, queries and documentation required for LC’s.
- To prepare CBK various daily and monthly Foreign Exchange returns
- To prepare TFA weekly report
- Any other report that may be required from time to time.
Any other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time by Management.
- A Graduate with a finance or business-related specialization
- Minimum 2 years Banking Operations Experience
- Exposure to processing of SWIFT, RTGS, EFTs a plus
Competencies & Attributes:
- Personality: Enthusiastic, results oriented with excellent/strong communication and social skills. A forward planner with clear focus, mature, reliable, hardworking, and able to work without supervision.
- Sound knowledge of the Bank’s products and services; CBK Prudential Guidelines.
- Sound knowledge of Money Markets; foreign exchange and treasury management systems
- Knowledge in Operations particularly KYC and AML
- Strong negotiations and commercial skills
- Ability to observe strict deadlines for assignments/operations and regulatory submissions.
- Have a high sense of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethics with passion for championing excellent customer service.
- Have good PR/interpersonal skills, outstanding reporting skills, problem analysis and listening ability.
- Honest and with high integrity.Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Word, Excel, Access, power-point, Internet, and email.
A package commensurate to the posts shall be discussed and agreed with the successful candidates.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send you CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st January 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.